Saturday, May 4, 2019

Handicraft Tours to Setoland Estonia Are Coming Up Soon!

In my last blog post, I wrote about my meeting in May 2018 with Külli Jacobson, owner of Nordic Knitters/Kagu Kudujad. We had chatted about her idea to organize some handicraft tours in the nearby Seto region of Estonia. Having been to Seto once, I found the region fascinating. To discover more about the handicrafts of this quiet area was very appealing. To have this handicraft tour organized and led by Külli, who is so involved with the Seto people, seemed ideal. We agreed that we would discuss it further.

Külli Jacobson knitting and selling mittens
at Tallinn's Medieval Days in 2014

After my return home, we emailed and discussed possible dates. I suggested dates in May that would coincide with the annual craft market in Riga, Latvia, and a bus itinerary that would start in Tallinn, Estonia and end in Riga, Latvia. This would give attendees of the handicraft tour to Seto a chance to visit two countries and two capitals in addition to the more remote area of Seto.

The tour starts soon, on Sunday May 26 and ends Friday May 31, 2019. The annual craft market in Riga is Saturday and Sunday, June 1 and 2. This tour is full but there is also another tour scheduled for Tuesday July 30 to Sunday August 4, 2019, in case you're interested (edited to indicate the May tour is full). The July-August tour will include a festival on Seto Kingdom Day. You can sign up for the tour on Külli's website at nordicknitters.com/shop/ or contact her directly to discuss or get details at kulli(dot)jacobson(at)gmail(dot)com. Below is a flyer for the July-August tour. If you'd like me to email you a pdf of this flyer, please contact me at mgermain55(at)gmail(dot)com.


I'm looking forward to this new experience in Estonia and blogging about it once I'm back home! See you soon, Külli!

No comments:

Post a Comment