Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Living Right or Blessed?

I booked my flight to Estonia back in January and selected my desired seats and thought everything was set until I tried to check in online the day before my flight.  I was unable to check in; I got an error message.  This did not sound good.  It brought back memories of my flight to New Zealand a few years back which went just fine until I arrived in Christchurch without my luggage.  I became known as "Minimalist Mary" for the duration of my 2-week hiking trip.  Eventually my luggage made its way back home after a lengthy but quiet sojourn in Los Angeles.

So, I got a little worried and I made some phonecalls to Delta/KLM but no one seemed to be able to help me.  I arrived in Chicago and was assigned a different seat from my original selection.  "Oh well, this will be fine."  When boarding started, I got to the gate attendant and she scanned my boarding pass, got an error message, and told me that I needed to go back to the gate desk and get a new boarding pass printed.  I know what's coming next - back of the plane, next to the toilet.  Thank goodness I was wrong!  I was upgraded to business class (first time ever in my life).  I called my husband to tell him the news.  He said "Act like you've been there before."  Thanks for the advice, Lombardi.

Here's what was in front of my knees when I sat down in my seat.


I spent 20 minutes in the morning with the remote control getting back to a position to eat breakfast.


Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment