Monday, June 2, 2014

Can You Walk and Knit and Chew Gum at the Same Time?


When I was in Estonia in May 2013, I participated in the Käi ja Koo - a Walk & Knit Contest.  As it turned out, I was the first international participant.  The third annual Käi ja Koo recently took place in Estonia (May 2014) but, unfortunately, I could not participate; I was on the wrong side of the pond.  It turns out that the event kept its international flavor this year with the participation of a British gentleman, Luke from the UK.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.666465433423876.1073741832.155203241216767&type=1

I am happy to announce that the first American Walk & Knit Relay Challenge will be taking place this year on September 6, 2014, at the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival in Jefferson, Wisconsin.  You can find details of the event and register to participate at the festival's website:

http://www.wisconsinsheepandwoolfestival.com/fiberartsclasses/walkandknit.html

I hope you'll join in the fun!  Thanks to the Lossi Gild in Estonia for the inspiration and challenge to host our own Walk & Knit event.


No comments:

Post a Comment